Tuesday 22 October 2013

Day 30 -homemade body scrub

I have avoided making any natural beauty treatments myself as my skin is a bit sensitive when it comes to washing, but this was very rejuvenating. My skin feels softer and smoother and there was no itching, no dryness and no need for moisturising. It was also super easy to make. For the exfoliant you can use sugar or salt, something with a fine grain, I went for soft dark sugar, mix it 2 parts sugar/salt to 1 part oil, (I chose almond oil but you can use coconut oil, or even extra virgin olive oil.) That's the basic recipe, but if you want a scent you can add some essential oils or like me lemon zest and fresh mint.
Rub into the skin in circular motions before your bath or shower, be a bit more gentle on softer areas. And remember to clean the bath of residual oil when your done.

1 comment: