Wednesday 16 October 2013

Day 24 - Alternative to hemming

I have a problem with long trousers, or perhaps just the short legs. Either way it's a nightmare finding trousers that don't trail. So today my mission was to hem these large trousers, but I didn't feel like just taking a few inches off the bottom and having knee shapes around my shins, so instead I have done a sort of ribbed technique using darts which adds some interesting detail as well as hiking them up an appropriate amount. As it turns out I'm so short I had to hem them a bit anyway but not quite as much.
This project will continue until tomorrow, and hopefully they will look spectacular. I'll also include the original photo as they are pretty different already. Sadly my computer is having a moment so I'm not sure how long until I'll be blogging properly and editing my photos etc... SAD FACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment