Thursday 17 October 2013

Day 25 - DIY Money box

Well my trousers are still wet so the alterations I made today are still not visible, we'll wait and see what tomorrow brings in that regard. For today I have jumped on a previous failed day and retried the Money Box plan. This was much easier than paper macheing a balloon into a piggy. This is a Pringles tube, I coloured the whole thing with a metallic silver marker, then used watercolour tube paints in blue and white and let it resist the shiny surface where it wanted to create a starry effect. I then cut some cool pictures from old calendars and glued them on. I used a Stanley knife to cut a coin slot in the lid.
When it is dry I plan to cover it in sticky back plastic, and seal the lid so that there's something between me and my savings...

No comments:

Post a Comment