Monday 7 October 2013

Day 15 - DIY re-upholstery

Before
For the Man's birthday tomorrow and as another step towards completing the look of our room I took the challenge of transforming his lumpy, unsightly downright nasty chair into something a little more sophisticated. This is what I started with...

I decided that I would make a washable slip, rather than pull the existing fabric off and tack new stuff on. I lay the fabric over the chair to cut, (I am not one for pattern making and this way was pretty simple.) The seat, front and back are all made from a single piece with separate rectangles for the seat sides and two more shapes for the back sides. Then came lots of sewing, a little bit of unpicking and some head scratching, et voila!
It just slips over, holds the cushion nicely in place and looks sooo much better. Tomorrows blog will be along later today, and will complete this cosy chair.
After


No comments:

Post a Comment