Saturday 19 October 2013

Day 27 - DIY sewing case

I like to have everything I need handy when I'm sewing, mostly I find I can't be bothered to find pins if I'm in the middle of something, or baste something if I don't have needle and thread to hand. So my brief was to make something to contain all the essentials, I wanted it small and simple and I also wanted a pin cushion in there for good measure. This fabric is one of the small remnants I have left from the wedding bunting this year and I'm really pleased that it has become something I will keep for a while. I used felt for all the pockets and details as it holds its weave even after being stabbed a thousand times, that and it doesn't need hemming so making slips and pockets is very forgiving and easy!

Please comment below if you would like instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment