Friday 11 October 2013

Day 19 - Patchwork skirt

Over the years I have collected an array of cartoon kitsch fabrics, from Thunderbirds and Hulk to Winnie-the-Pooh and Peter Rabbit. They are pretty much the only fabric I have kept after my mega clean out this year. So I've got a lot of ideas to come up with, today it's a patchwork edged skirt. I used an old pair of trousers for the skirt, cutting the legs off and opening the crotch, I made triangles from the legs and stitched them on overlapping to the still intact waistband (with pockets!). It's a bit squiffy but I like the overall shape. For the patchwork I assembled my patches and stitched them into a long strip, which I fed through hair straighteners while folding in the seams. Basically making a really thick bias binding without getting the iron out. Another pinterest find! So here is a skirt for me to wear out dancing this evening. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment