Thursday 27 February 2014

Day 118 - Easy DIY Maxi skirt

Once upon a time this skirt was a length of fabric and a pair of shorts. After a little ruffling around the edges and cutting to shape it is now a beautiful maxi skirt. It has some lovely movement to it and I am in love with the contrast of hard and soft. This really was a simple project, I started with the shorts, cutting the crotch seams and shaping the lower hem before I began to pin my skirt fabric with little pleats. Make sure your skirt fabric is large enough to go around your legs twice, this way you can add the odd pleat and give it a little volume and space to move. I didn't even sew the long edges of my fabric together, instead I chose to overlap the open edges so there is a little slit but nothing too revealing. I had to double my fabric over so that it wasn't ridiculously see through.

No comments:

Post a Comment