Tuesday 11 February 2014

Day 108 - overnight bag from dungarees

I started this on Sunday but after snapping a needle and getting frustrated I have up for a few days.  This morning I decided to take a few steps back, undo some of the work I had already done and start again. I used a pair of dungarees that were way too big and slightly too yellow.
I cut the bib and back off and cut above the crotch to get the basic shape and cut a lining to match. I decided to use the original side seams as the front which has given it a more interesting look and taken away the obvious trouser design. The straps are recycled from the original straps and I've even incorporated one of the buckles to make the length adjustable.  Very practical and Me, im just going to continue adding starry patches to decorate.

No comments:

Post a Comment