Monday 23 September 2013

Day 1 - DIY decorating

Good Morning! I have returned after a month and a half of creative freedom, I have thought long and hard about my new project, I learnt a lot from my year on Boats but fancied something more productive but slightly less tangible. So allow me to introduce you to my new 365 project:

HOME IS WHERE THE CHAOS IS!  D.I.Y 365

Throughout the next year I plan to get on with all of those creative projects that are just for me, you know the ones you think, "I should do that one day", yet that one day never truly happens. I have chosen a very broad area to work on, so expect to see homes, chaos and plenty of me, Doing It Myself, (probably while creating Chaos at Home!)

So to kick start my project I have had a thorough cleanse, throughout the entire house. Bit by bit I have banished hoarded junk, broken ornaments and cobwebs from every corner of my home. Rearranged the furniture in every room to maximize space and add to the general Feng Shui I was sorely lacking. My blog begins the day after my Birthday after a fantastic weekend gatherings, epic board games...and bedroom painting. On Friday morning (and for the best part of three years) our room has been a hideous shade of orange paired with a sickly pink. The colour made it feel so grotty that we never really tried to make it homely.
After
Before

After two coats of Magnolia we wanted to add a pop of colour, The Man and I discussed different ideas, he likes graphic lines and minimalism, I am a lover of vibrancy and detail. So we designed a series of horizontal stripes, marked out very meticulously with masking tape. The end result gives a clean, fresh atmosphere with a bit of character from the stripes.


No comments:

Post a Comment