Tuesday 24 September 2013

Day 2 - DIY upcycling

Before
Winter is coming, time to dig out those chunky jumpers and get the layering system back into play. Personally I can't do most knitwear or fleece, or anything that is particularly warm, so this jersey fabric is perfect for me. Warm, but lightweight and breathable. Unfortunately it tends to stretch and loose its shape, so today's challenge was to breath some new life into this sad old jumper. It had a roll neck once upon a time, but it annoyed me so much I cut it off, the sleeves have had thumb holes poked through and are covered in acrylic paint. The rest of it is just loose and baggy and raggedy.
After

With some giant buttons and a bit of cutting and stitching I turned it into a cuff sleeved, asymmetric collared, cardy. Now it's super comfy but much smarter with some of my personality in the mix too.

No comments:

Post a Comment