Wednesday 23 April 2014

Day 140 - Quick temporary fix for smashed phone screen.

Well I am a complete numpty and managed to drop my phone yesterday, yeh the new shiny one I was so chuffed with. Anyway I fell down a hole and let go of it and it flew and smashed the screen in many places. Luckily the touch screen still works, it is just the glass cover that is smashed. So for now I have coated the whole thing in sticky back plastic to keep all the shards in place and protect my little fingers for the time being. I have ordered a new screen as apparently screen damage is not covered on the insurance, it is 'cosmetic damage' and was going to cost me £75 excess fee to get it fixed. I much prefer the £10 spent on ebay for a replacement screen and a tool kit to fix it. So lets see, Thursdays blog may be very interesting...

2 comments:

  1. I replaced mine, only to have it break a few months later. Samsung S3? Good luck with the ebay kit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danny, still waiting for it to come through the post but I hope it works!

      Delete