Thursday 10 April 2014

Day 135 - Buttery swede soup

I'm sharing this because it was such a successful invention, I went shopping with the intention of buying something interesting to make soup with. I found a swede and decided some form of butter and swede concoction was the plan.
First I cooked onions and leeks in butter, let them sweat until they were soft and translucent. I added in cubes of swede and about five cloves of garlic, and even more butter. I let this cook down in the butter for a while before adding a couple of potatoes. I let it stew until all the vegetables were soft and a little sticky before I added two pints of vegetable stock and brought it all to a boil. I seasoned it with salt, pepper, parsley and rosemary and left it to simmer for about an hour (or an epic game of Magic!)
When everything was cooked and soft I pureed it to a nice silky consistency, this was about the point when I realised this was going to work, it went really smooth and was basically the colour of butter. I added another chunk of butter to glaze my soup and stirred in a splash of cream just before serving. It went down pretty well, and I now know exactly what to do with suede!

Unfortunately, everytime I ate this I was too preoccupied to take a photo. So you'll have to make it yourself to see how it turns out :(

No comments:

Post a Comment