Thursday 21 November 2013

Day 57 - DIY baubles complete

I've had the same old red and gold baubles for the last two years, so it is definitely time to do something different. First I painted them all with white acrylic, I used a genius system of bamboo skewers and a polystyrene head to hang them all to dry, even so I got a few painty run aways leaving white smears wherever they went. For the detail I used a black and a red uniball pen, which worked much better than I had expected, so long as you leave it to dry and don't smudge it. I went with stars and snowflakes for my patterns, and did everything in sets, black and red isn't a traditional combination of colours, but once it is on the tree with everything around it I think they will be quite striking. For an extra christmassy touch I went over the detail with a gold glitter glue pen and added highlights, which when dry I will do again to make them even more glitzy.

No comments:

Post a Comment