Thursday 6 March 2014

Day 121 - Curtains!!!

Wow, this is one of those projects I could have put off for ever and ever. My mum bought me a lovely pair of curtains for Christmas, chosen specifically to complement the paint job as well as my personality. The problem was I have two windows in my room, both very different size and shape, and they have completely different fittings. One has a pole the other a hook rail. So Tuesday I made a start, I salvaged some of that curtain hook strip stuff from an old pair of curtains, measured everything up and figured I could get two sets, one for the large bay window and one for the little one. The little ones just needed a hem on one side and they were ready to go up. The others took a bit more time, and were infuriating because the lining was not sewn in well in the first place. Nevertheless, I won! Now I have beautiful matching curtains that keep the morning sun out and trap some of the warmth in.

No comments:

Post a Comment