Wednesday 29 January 2014

Day 100 - lets all eat cake

So as a little break from the rug making I thought I would make a cake slightly inspired by the soap I made for Christmas.  A basic lemon sponge, loved from the midnight sponge but without chocolate.  I added the zest of two lemons and a very small squeeze of juice. Oh and a large sprinkling of poppyseeds . The rest of the lemon I added to a pan of simmering butter and sugar to make a zesty drizzle. I had some cream to use up too and I thought wouldn't if be great make lemony cream.  So i mixed the left over drizzle with icing sugar to form a paste that I could mix into the cream without it curdling and I must say that this is the best invention ever.  Just mix it together and it become this smooth rock lemon mousse/fool. It's pretty lucky I remembered to take a photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment